BP Claim Florida
Florida residents are discouraged from signing any documents provided to them in return for money from BP or anyone else until they know the extent of their loss, which may be significantly higher than the money being paid. These may be fraudulent or premature. A BP Claim in Florida needs to be filed right and you need to have an attorney present when filing. This will make filing a BP claim Florida much easier and nobody will take advantage of you.
BP Claim Florida call if you are having problems
• The Attorney General’s fraud hotline is open to receive any reports of fraud or price gouging. The hotline is 1-866-966-7226.
• The Florida Agriculture and Consumer Services Commissioner gas price-gouging hotline is also operational. The toll-free hotline number is 1-800-HELP-FLA (1-800-435-7352).
• Take detailed records of cancelled reservations. It is important that when these cancellations occur, the cancelling party is questioned whether the cause is because of the oil spill. If the answer is yes, keep a record of the person’s name and contact information, and also the revenues lost as a result of the cancellation.
BP Claim Florida calculation
• Calculate estimated losses for a six-week period and be able to provide records, sales receipts and documentation to support such a claim. A good idea would be to compare business now to a five-year average of revenues between May and June, which can offer insight as to the damages incurred.
• Businesses, including shops, restaurants, sport fishing charters, watersports rental companies, etc. that may be negatively impacted, are asked to keep detailed profit and loss records should a claim need to be presented. BP CLAIM FLORIDA