Unfair GCCF Final Claims Offer

The people I have talked to the last 2 weeks all have the same problem, they have gotten a letter from the GCCF with a very unfair final claim offer. So in this post I will try and give reasons and suggestions as to why the offer is so low, and what you can do to improve your chances of success with your final claim.

Documentation for your GCCF final claim

The documentation that you need for the final claim is very important, this is what they will base their revue on. So if there is missing paperwork, or something that does not correlate, this is where your problems could be. Remember even if you get an offer from GCCF you can always submit a new claim and hope for a better outcome before you go an get an attorney. It will take the same amount of time 2-3 months as of now.

So lets take a look of the documentation you should get together for the GCCF to file your final claim

Individual GCCF final claim.

-Tax returns. 2008 -2009-2010 ( 3 tax returns if possible)

– W2 or 1099 and pay stubs from work

-Tips should be documented somehow if possible, if nothing else a letter from your employeer

-If you where fired or hours were reduced in 2010, a letter from your employer stating that business was slow because of the oil spill and your hours got reduced or you were let go.

-If needed a letter explaining your hardship (certain cases)

-explaining how your damages (lost wages, lost job etc.) were a result of the oil spill

-a letter explaining how you tried to make up your lost income or lost work eg. out looking for new job etc.

Getting an expert to put together your final claim

Another route you could take would be to have an expert claims adjuster put together your claim for you, it could be public adjuster or a CPA that is used to putting together paperwork for filing claims. Most of the attorney’s working the oil spill cases also have these claims adjusters in house and ¬†will use them to put together the claims for your. If you can do it yourself and get a fair deal from the GCCF then that would be number one, if you would rather have help from an attorney, then submit the form and they will help you out. Lots of times people will do the filing themselves, and when the offer comes back, and they are not happy with the outcome, they will contact an attorney and let them handle the case from there.