This is the most asked question about the GCCF I get right now over the 800 number, people have been waiting for 90-120 days and they all ask me what should I do. Should I contact an attorney should I just wait even longer, they keep coming back asking me for more documentation. What should I do ?
Most Asked Questions About The GCCF
The answer I have for most people are the following. Keep giving the GCCF what they are asking for and keep hoping they will approve your claim and give you what you deserve. Don’t settle for less than you deserve but if you can do the claim yourself with the GCCF it would be a lot easier and cheaper than going with the attorney’s.
Now there is a point where you have to turn to an attorney for him to take over the claim. I always tell people the following. Set a date out in the future it could be 30 days it could be 60 days, and say I will give the GCCF until this date to get my claim settled. If the claim has not been settled when this date arrives fill out the free case review and get your case to an attorney. Also if you get an offer that are much lower than what you would expect from your claim, give it to an attorney. If you get denied by the GCCF then its also time for an attorney to take over.
Here are the top 5 reasons people should go with an attorney and for get about the GCCF
1. Its a very large Business case that needs the proper work up by a CPA and proper representation for you to get full value for your claim ($75,000 +)
2. GCCF keep asking for more and more documentation and its clear to you that they are stalling to not pay you
3. GCCF denies your claim
4. GCCF has not communicated with you in 90 days
5. You filed your claim more than 150 days ago and still no answer
Here are the top 5 reasons you should file your claim your self and wait for the GCCF
1. Its an easy claim for loss of income in a tourist related industry and its below $20,000
2. You are talking to the GCCF and you feel like they are helping you (150 days max wait then go with an attorney)
3. The value of your claim is low
4. You feel like you can do it yourself and you feel like the GCCF can help you
5. Other people at work you know have been paid by the GCCF
How to get paid from the GCCF
Now if you follow the rules above in your GCCF claim it will help you.
Here are some other tricks that I have hear from people that it can work getting your claim paid sooner.
1. Keep going to the local GCCF office and make friends with the people there and keep asking about your claim
2. Forget about the GCCF 800 number, get a local number from the people at your local office and start calling that number
3. Give them everything they ask for and then some, give them more documentation to back up your claim than they asked for. eg. Bank statements, old tax returns, W2’s
Now there does comes a time when you loose hope in the GCCF process and you feel like nobody knows what other people are doing and nobody really knows what is going on, when that time comes its time to sign up on this page for an attorney and stop wasting your time with the GCCF